Easier said than done, especially on my Americorps stipend. Maybe it's just me but I refuse to pay 400 USD to share a room with a stranger, or really anybody for that matter outside of an significant other. Here are just some of the phrases I've read while room search
- 420 friendly
- 420 all day every day
- $500 roomshare
- Zen Catholic Gentlemen will have...
- Apartment for free in exchange for cooking cleaning as well as some behind close doors services
- the lovely ladies who give us unlimited joy, and also eggs.
- vegan household : no animal products allowed in kitchen
- television free community: so we can create rather than imitate.
I thought I was picky. Then there's the whole 'what's safe, what's not'. People outside of Oakland swear I should head to surburbia. People in Oakland say stay away from East Oakland, but some say it's west Oakland. I've seen parts of San Leandro that I rather had not. I've met some interesting and colourful people. I've seen some ridiculous prices. I'm starting to get a feel on things and I think that this housing search may take a tad longer than I originally anticipated.
Wish me luck!