I do however love wheatberries, quinoa, shredded wheat for breakfast, rye flats, and barley. Just that with asian food, nothing compliments it the way simple gohan does. One of the reason there's a marked decrease in the amount of asian food I eat when I diet. However this is suppose to be a lifestyle change so I just have to figure another way to eat the food that is as comforting me as grits.
Today at the grocer I aimed to stay away from junkfood and get lots of simple wholesome ingredients for some great meals this week.
My grocery list
- Snow peas
- Snow pea greens
- Grapefruit (great breakfast and snack food)
- baby carrrots
- tofu (79 cents a pound!)
- chicken gyoza (6 gyoza for 170 cal)
- gyoza tsuyu
- edamame (good source of protein)
- miso (high on sodium but low calories)
- White bread
- Vermont curry (for the quick meals)
- senna tea (for regularity)
- green tea
- Pork buns (for JB)
Change so far: no weigh-in since 31Dec2010. Measurements the same, drinking a lot more water now.