Last year this time I was in Laney's Green Jobs program, free tuition. Now I'm still in a few classes there, auditting but most of my new knowledge comes from the PEC, Pacific Gas and Electric's Pacific Energy Center. They have classes, 99% of which are free 1 day classes on a variety of topics.
So far I've taken:
- Energy Audit Skills: Tools, Data Collection Techniques, & Calculations
- Integrating Energy Efficiency & Renewables in Home Retrofits
- Climate Based Daylighting & Analysis
- EnergyPro Nonresidential Software for Beginners
- Energy Auditing Techniques for Small & Medium Commercial Facilities (3day class)
- Photovoltaic (PV) Site Analysis and System Sizing
In the next 90 days I'll be taking:
EnergyPro Nonresidential Software - Advanced
Inspecting Photovoltaic (PV) Systems for Code Compliance
Sketch Up Software for Solar Geometry
Smart Grid Fundamentals
They have a system where some classes qualify for Architects and they give "participation certificates" no matter what, so I think it's a good resume builder too. I'll try to start talking more about these awesome classes.