This recipe was requested by my favourite Continental cousin, Charlotte. ^_^.I made this pie for 46 (my dear old Dad) for Father's day the last one I was home. We have a similar sweet tooth except he can take sweeter stuff than I can, though neither of us prefer the ridiculously sweet. 46 loves coconut, whipped cream, and ice cream. This is basically the best of three worlds.
Icebox Coconut Cream Pie
- 1 graham cracker crust
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup regular milk
- 2pkg. (3.4 oz. each) Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1cup BAKER'S ANGEL FLAKE Coconut, divided
- With a handmixer mix together coconut and regular milks with pudding packages
- In another bowl (from the freezer) whip cream
- Fold 3/4 cup of coconut into pudding mix
- Fold in whipped cream
- Chill in refrigerator for at least 3 hours. Then freeze for at least 30 minutes till firm.
- Before serving top with toasted coconut
- To toast coconut: Heat oven to 350°F. Spread coconut in shallow pan. Bake 7 to 10 min. or until lightly browned, stirring frequently.